The program systematizes, formalizes, and coordinates certain activities of the Foundation to address the critical unmet needs of members of the focused ultrasound community, including fostering relationships and developing critical resources with respect to regulatory and reimbursement; corporate financing; training and credentialing; employee recruiting; strategic partnerships and technology transfer; industry advocacy; and intellectual property.
The primary goals of FUS Partners include:
- producing a quantum change in the rate of focused ultrasound adoption as a mainstream standard of care
- growing and rationalizing the device manufacturers segment of the focused ultrasound community by providing capital and expertise and facilitating the consolidation of the industry
Foundation Value Proposition
The Foundation provides the following to the structure and capabilities of FUS Partners:
- our brand and reputation as a trusted and independent unbiased third party
- our knowledge base, information and data
- our network and community based on strong stakeholder relationships
- our organization including our team, board of directors, council and donors
- our ability to connect, convene and influence stakeholders
FUS Partners provides integral support to manufacturers by sharing the Foundation’s domain expertise and institutional knowledge through a variety of activities:
Regulatory & Reimbursement
- engage with FDA, CMS, and commercial payers to inform them of the state of the field and obtain guidance with respect to regulatory approvals and reimbursement
- connect manufacturers with regulatory and reimbursement consultants
- host educational webinars and workshops for manufacturers on best practices and strategy for coverage, reimbursement, coding and billing, etc.
Financial and Human Capital
- connect institutional, strategic, and individual investors with manufacturers in need of financing and facilitate in due diligence and preparing investor relations materials
- track the research and commercialization field on an annual basis to evaluate trend data
- support focused ultrasound companies in attracting and hiring talent
Strategic Partnerships & Technology Transfer
- connect manufacturers with other manufacturers of focused ultrasound and related equipment and components, academic research laboratories, and strategic sponsors
- facilitate the growth, consolidation, and leapfrog phases of the industry
- inform regulatory agencies, payers, and MedTech advocacy organizations about focused ultrasound clinical trials and potential to decrease cost of care while improving quality
- connect and engage focused ultrasound manufacturers with advocacy organizations
- track the field of focused ultrasound IP and US patents issued
- educate academic researchers and focused ultrasound companies why, what, and how to patent
- connect researchers and focused ultrasound companies with intellectual property consultants
Third party involvement in FUS Partners activities is completely voluntary. There is no formal process for inclusion/exclusion with the program. If you/your company has an interest in what we do and would like to discuss how we might support your needs, please just reach out with a phone call or email. Our team will set up a time to meet with you (in person or by phone) to discuss your interest/needs and how FUS Partners may be able to assist. From there we collaborate on a list of mutually approved actionable items and get to work.
All FUS Partner activities are done in service of accomplishing our mission – to accelerate the timeline to clinical adoption. Saving time = saving lives. FUS Partners does not make investments or provide investment advice and does not serve as a broker or otherwise receive any compensation for services. Third parties involved with FUS Partners activities from time to time may be solicited for donations to the Foundation as a way to grow the field and de-risk the commercialization aspects of the technology. All gifts are completely voluntary and any party may participate in FUS Partners activities regardless of giving status.
FUS Partners: A Program of the Focused Ultrasound Foundation
This two-page flyer describes the potential of focused ultrasound therapy and outlines the goals and activities of the FUS Partners program.
FUS Partners Resources for Entrepreneurs
We curate a collection of resources for entrepreneurs on a number of topics including business planning, raising capital, understanding VC, and regulatory matters. See the complete list of books, blogs, podcasts and other multimedia.
Oversight Committee, Foundation Board Members:
- Scott Beardsley, PhD
- William A. Hawkins III
- Syaru Shirley Lin, PhD
- Frederic H. Moll, MD
Disclaimer FUS PARTNERS IS NOT (I) REGISTERED PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934, AS AMENDED, AS A BROKER-DEALER, (II) REGISTERED AS A BROKER-DEALER IN ANY U.S. STATE; OR (III) A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF THE U.S. FINANCIAL INDUSTRY REGULATORY AUTHORITY. FUS PARTNERS IS AFFILIATED WITH THE FOCUSED ULTRASOUND FOUNDATION, A NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT SHALL BE NOT ENTITLED TO ANY CONSIDERATION IN RESPECT OF SERVICES IT PROVIDES. FUS PARTNERS (I) DOES NOT MAKE ANY RECOMMENDATION, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY OR SUFFICIENCY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY FUS PARTNERS OR OTHERWISE REGARDING A PARTY INTRODUCED BY FUS PARTNERS AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN OR IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY FUS PARTNERS; (II) HAS NOT ENDORSED OR MADE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTY INTRODUCED BY FUS PARTNERS; AND (III) IS NOT ACTING AS A FIDUCIARY OR IS PROVIDING INVESTMENT ADVICE IN ANY MANNER.