Focused ultrasound is a platform technology that has the potential to transform the treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions. There is a large and growing number of clinical applications for focused ultrasound that are in various stages of research, development, and commercialization.
For more information, see our most recent State of the Field Report.
FUSF Funded Projects
The Foundation organizes, conducts, and funds research to advance new applications of focused ultrasound that will fulfill an unmet clinical need, are cost-effective, and can become a standard of care.
Tokyo Women’s Medical University Hospital | Japan
- A pilot trial of safety and effectiveness of Magnetic Resonance-guided Focused Ultrasound (MRgFUS) Ablation of the pallidothalamic tract for the Treatment of Cervical Dystonia
- Feasibility study to Evaluate the Safety and Effectiveness of MRgFUS Ablation of the Ventrooralis Nucleus of the Thalamus for the Treatment of Focal Hand Dystonia
Kochi University School of Medicine Hospital | Japan
- Pain Alleviation of Magnetic Resonance-guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery Treatment for Painful Medial Compartment of Knee Osteoarthritis
Seoul National University | Korea
- Evaluation of therapeutic efficacy and safety of concurrent FOLFIRINOX plus HIFU (ALPIUS 900) for locally advanced/borderline resectable PancCA: A prospective single-center, single-arm, investigator-initiated, open-labeled, exploratory clinical trial
Yonsei University Health System, Severance Hospital | Korea
- A feasibility Study to Evaluate Safety and Initial Effectiveness of ExAblate Transcranial MR Guided Focused Ultrasound for Bilateral Anterior capsulotomy in the Treatment of Medication-Refractory MDD
- A feasibility Study to Evaluate Safety and Initial Effectiveness of ExAblate Transcranial MR Guided Focused Ultrasound for Unilateral Pallidotomy in the Treatment of dyskinesia of Parkinson’s Disease
Chang Gung Memorial Hospital | Taiwan
- An open label, prospective, pilot study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of best physician’s choice of standard of care combined with or without NaviFUS System in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme BBB opening in patients with GBM
Jeju National University | Korea
- Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) Opening of Rat by Laser-generated Focused Ultrasound Transducer
- Laser-generated Focused Ultrasound Transducer for Transcranial Applications
- Development of a transcranial sonication efficiency estimation toolkit
Seoul National University Hospital | Korea
- MRg-FUS-mediated leptomeninges opening to facilitate the targeted drug delivery in leptomeningeal brain metastases
Focused Ultrasound Foundation Hong Kong
More than 60 percent of the Foundation’s annual budget supports research projects around the world. There is a tremendous amount of focused ultrasound research activity in Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, and other regions in Asia. Focused Ultrasound Hong Kong Foundation (FUSHK) was established to receive charitable contributions from Hong Kong and Asia-based philanthropists, and distribute the funding to research institutions in Asia. See the FUSHK website >
FUS Partners is a program created by the Focused Ultrasound Foundation to foster relationships among manufacturers seeking financing, partnerships, and technology transfer from academic research institutions.
FUS Partners provides the following services:
- Seek to understand the financing and partnership goals of FUS manufacturers and investors
- Connect manufacturers with both investors and other manufacturers
- Connect academic research laboratories with manufacturers
- Assist with due diligence to facilitate investments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and technology transfer
FUS Partners does not make investments or provide investment advice and does not serve as a broker or otherwise receive any compensation for services. FUS Partners will, however, encourage donations to the Foundation to grow the field and de-risk the investment and/or partnerships.
For more information, visit our FUS Partners page.