Job Opening: Development Information Specialist
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation is seeking a team player with excellent listening skills, who enjoys using databases to capture, manage, and transform data into useful information and reports, in order to enhance an organization’s success and improve management of external relations. The Specialist will record and input information, ensure database accuracy, and assess and refine reporting templates to best support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
As a key member of the Development team, the Specialist leads the coordination of awareness events and mailings, serves as a primary source of information on donors and prospects, and interacts with donors and prospects on the phone and in person.
In addition, the Specialist provides advice and support to other programs in the organization which use the same database (Salesforce) for managing information related to the research and clinical community, manufacturers and Foundation funded projects.
- Assess Development’s processes, system usage, and requirements. Ensure the current database functionality meets the needs and is designed to grow with changing requirements. In collaboration with the Foundation’s IT and Data Manager, modify the system to maximize its effectiveness.
- Maintain comprehensive manuals which document processes and procedures such as the customized use of fields, data entry, analysis, and reporting.
- Process donations and maintain gift accounting records.
- Ensure the proper recording of pledges, cash donations, restricted donations, and matching grants to support analysis, reporting, and data reconciliation with Director of Finance.
- Suggest improvements for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
Donor and Prospect Tracking and Analysis
- Become familiar with key contacts in the database, and serve as a go-to-person for information and updates from organization’s leadership.
- Manage the donor and prospect tracking system, including de-briefing with the Chairman and Director of External Affairs after meetings/calls. Ensure that prospect data is maintained correctly in the database to create relationship and opportunities for engagement.
- Track data and create reports including charts and action lists designed to assess and pinpoint fundraising opportunities based on ever-changing development department requirements.
- Identify information and track metrics that support the development goals.
- Create informative and useful prospect profiles through research and relevant donor wealth assessment databases.
- Coordinate events and external mailings (direct mail, email and online giving)
- Assess and produce appropriate contact lists to meet the objectives of the Foundation.
- Track and manage timeline for grant submissions and reporting/updates
Information System Support for all Foundation Programs
- As a Foundation expert in the information system and understanding the data usage, provide advice and support regarding design and report generation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of experience with relational databases and/or implementing user applications
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a proven track record
- Initiative, drive, and strong work ethic
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent memory for names, information related to them, and relationships with others
- Proactive problem solver
- Highly organized and efficient with attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills – verbal and written
- Highly responsible with sensitive or confidential data
- Ability to work independently on a variety of concurrent projects and prioritize competing demands
- Willingly adjusts to changing situations, openly accepts new ideas and suggested improvements, demonstrates cooperation and fluidity
Preferred, Not Required
- Experience with development/fundraising systems
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and prospect research with WealthEngine