Job Opening: Information Technology Manager
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an IT Manager who will lead implementation of its IT strategy, manage and maintain all software and hardware systems, and lead the technical support and education of Foundation staff.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Foundation’s strategic and tactical goals in order to create and maintain a technology roadmap for the organization that drives the IT operational plans.
- Select and manage data and IT operations infrastructure systems including cybersecurity software and hardware, AV, Phones.
- Manage and mentor the IT Specialist while working in a collaborative fashion.
- Identify projects that require an IT vendor’s input, select the right vendor and manage the business relationship.
- Develop budgets and manage expense for department.
- Share the workload of day-to-day responsibilities of the two-person IT team
- Advise staff on the selection and use of databases, including Salesforce, to facilitate successful, efficient implementation of mission-critical strategies. Proactively identify areas of improvement including automation of staff’s routine tasks.
- For significant information system improvement projects, lead/facilitate users with defining their requirements by understanding their business processes and interdependencies with other systems or functions in the organization. Manage projects through to implementation involving IT Specialist and/or consultants as appropriate.
- Ensure selection and implementation of system to maintain IT and user documentation; contribute to creation of materials.
Overall management of IT and AV needs for Foundation’s biennial International Symposium.
- Work in tandem with IT representatives of the Foundation’s external partners to create and manage systems in support of joint ventures.
- Strong interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication that conveys with clarity and succinctness; communicate well with non-technical staff.
- Calm and effective during crisis management diffusing any emotionally charged situations.
- Proven project management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Strong analytic ability.
- Broad range of subject matter experiences.
- Team oriented; effective collaborator.
- A team committed to fulfilling the Foundation’s mission.
- Knowledge that your work will have a direct and positive effect on the lives of patients worldwide.
- Work within an ever changing and rapidly growing field.
- Generous and comprehensive health and welfare benefits.
Please note employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check.