Key selections have been made for the FUSF’s 2nd International Symposium on MR-guided Focused Ultrasound scheduled for October 17-20, 2010 at the Westfields Marriott near Washington, D.C.
Serving as Honorary President for the Symposium is Kullervo Hynynen, Ph.D., Canada Research Chair in Imaging Systems and Image-Guided Therapy (Tier 1), Professor, Dept. of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Director and Senior Scientist, Discipline of Imaging Research and Director of the Centre for Research in Image-Guided Therapeutics, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto.
Leading the Scientific Program Committee are co-chairs Mickaël Tanter, Ph.D., Research Director of the French Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM), and Brad Wood, M.D., Director of the National Institutes of Health Center for Interventional Oncology and Chief, Interventional Radiology Section.
Members of the Scientific Program Committee are:
Complete symposium information is available at:
- Linda Bradley, M.D., FACOG, Director, Center for Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics;
- Keyvan Farahani, Ph.D., Acting Chief, Image Guided Interventions Branch, Cancer Imaging Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute;
- Katherine W. Ferrara, Ph.D., Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis;
- James Larner, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Virginia Health System and Director of UVA's Focused Ultrasound Center;
- Joy M. Polefrone, Ph.D., FUS-mediated Targeted Drug Delivery Program Director, Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation
Back to Top