- The International Journal of Hyperthermia is seeking manuscripts for an upcoming special collection on histotripsy.
- Suzanne LeBlang, MD, the Foundation’s director of clinical relationships, is one of the guest advisors for the collection.
- The deadline to submit a manuscript is March 10, 2023.
The International Journal of Hyperthermia is requesting manuscripts for an upcoming special collection, “The Art of Histotripsy: A Focused Ultrasound Application that has the Potential to Treat from Head to Toe!”
Histotripsy is a non-thermal method of using focused ultrasound to mechanically destroy target tissue.
The goal of the collection is to solicit the contribution and submission of articles that describe the current state of the field with respect to understanding the following:
- Describe the technical aspects of histotripsy
- Provide a technical description of the mechanisms of action of histotripsy and its subtypes (boiling and nonboiling)
- Describe approaches to provide imaging guidance for histotripsy treatments
- Detail technical considerations on bypassing the skull
- Describe preclinical histotripsy ablation research for varied clinical applications
- Describe preclinical studies researching the immune response with histotripsy
- Present early clinical data with liver ablation and optimal clinical trial design
- Present current veterinary applications with histotripsy
Suzanne LeBlang, MD, the Foundation’s director of clinical relationships, and Timothy J. Ziemlewicz, MD, associate professor of radiology at the University of Wisconsin, are serving as guest advisors for the collection.
“Histotripsy is a rapidly developing area of focused ultrasound with the potential to impact many challenging diseases,” said Dr. Leblang. “At this stage, it is imperative that the field promotes early research and supports a collaborative environment for researchers in this space. We hope this special collection will both increase awareness of this modality and also encourage further studies.”
To submit a manuscript, please visit the special collection page on the International Journal of Hyperthermia website. For any pre-submission enquiries, please contact Dr. LeBlang or Dr. Ziemlewicz.
The submission deadline is March 10, 2023.