The Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) recently issued the following call-to-action: Thank Congress for repealing the medical device excise tax. It would be a powerful message if all two million medtech employees in the US reached out to Congress to thank them.
According to AdvaMed, instead of $20 billion going to the IRS, medtech companies can now use that money to:
- Create new life-changing innovations for American patients
- Support next-generation R&D
- Hire more workers in communities large and small across the country
- Build new facilities or invest in other infrastructure projects
- Invest in start-up companies that are the lifeblood of medtech innovation
"This is also a great opportunity for a touch point with elected officials,” says Jessica Foley, PhD, the Foundation’s Chief Scientific Officer. “The medical device tax repeal was the top legislative agenda item for AdvaMed and the Medical Imaging and Technology Alliance (MITA), both valued partners of the Foundation.”
Take a moment to send your ‘thank you’ message now!