The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, an entrepreneurial, high-performance, medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a Chief Relationship Officer; the position reports directly to the Chairman.
The Chief Relationship Officer will work with the Chairman, the development team and the communications team in support of the Foundation’s activities by establishing and maintaining high-level relationships.
On the leading edge of venture philanthropy and social entrepreneurship, the Focused Ultrasound Foundation has demonstrated success in accelerating the development and adoption of focused ultrasound, using donor funding to bridge the gap between laboratory research and widespread patient treatment. The Foundation is well-poised to diversify its donor base and leverage funding sources to exponentially increase the impact of its life-changing mission.
- Develop high-level giving strategies, collaborating with the Chairman, development team, communications team, Board of Directors, and Council to ensure results
- Travel as needed to foster relationships; attend evening and weekend events as needed
- Author and customize proposal-related materials in formats well-suited for a variety of donor types
- Represent the Foundation with select external stakeholders to position the Foundation for short- and long-term donor support
- Coordinate across Foundation teams to ensure effective external engagement with new and existing donors
- Foster and maintain access to high priority relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years of experience in wealth management, banking, law or related fields; non-profit / development experience not required
- Successful track record of establishing relationships based on trust
- Passion for focused ultrasound; entrepreneurial, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Experienced, dynamic and team-oriented professional; compatible with other members of the team
- Superb verbal and written skills; proven project management skills
- Professional presentation and conduct; ability to interact on a peer basis with high net worth individuals, C level executives, and thought leaders
- Available to travel and frequently attend evening and weekend events
- Cheerful, upbeat, and steady under fire
- Strong track record of securing funding and managing relationships
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule to ensure deadlines are met is required