1. High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound: Myth or Reality?(Monday, November 29, 7:15-8:15 a.m.)
Christopher E. Comstock, M.D. – Breast cancer ablation
Majid Maybody, M.D. – Bone tumor ablation
Anne C. Roberts, M.D. – Uterine fibroid ablation
- Review fundamental principles and techniques of MR-guided focused ultrasound ablation.
- Describe MRgFUS methods for the treatment of bone lesions, breast cancer and uterine fibroids.
- Recognize the potential benefits, indications, appropriate patient selection and possible complications of MRgFUS ablation.
2. Image-guided Drug Delivery (Tuesday, November 30, 7:15-8:15 a.m.)
Keyvan Farahani, Ph.D.
Jean-Francois H. Geschwind, M.D.
Reed A. Omary, M.D., M.S.
King C. Li, M.D.
- Describe various methods of image-guided drug delivery in cancer.
- Distinguish chemotherapy from targeted agents.
- Understand which imaging modalities are best suited for drug delivery.
- List indications and requirements for quantitative image-guided drug delivery in clinical settings.
- Learn about various methods of nanotechnology-enabled image-guided drug delivery and activation.
- Learn about NCI funding opportunities in image-guided drug delivery.