- The European Congress of Radiology (ECR) 2023 took place in Vienna (and virtually) March 1–5.
- Focused ultrasound content included presentations on essential tremor, prostate cancer, osteoblastoma, osteoid osteoma, and painful bone metastases.
- More than 17,000 medical imaging professionals and industry leaders from 122 countries attended ECR.
The European Congress of Radiology (ECR) took place at the Austria Center in Vienna (and virtually) from March 1–5, 2023, with a theme of “The Cycle of Life.” ECR’s scientific program includes radiology content that extends from prenatal radiology through forensic imaging.
With more than 17,000 medical imaging professionals and industry leaders from 122 countries, the large meeting featured innovative science, education, and exhibit content along with entertainment and networking opportunities. A “Trainees in Focus” platform allowed the next generation of radiologists to discuss and debate topics and meet up in a dedicated lounge and gaming area.
The online attendance platform provided virtual participants with the ability to interact with speakers, vote, and stream content. More than 250 international medical imaging companies set up exhibits to educate attendees and demonstrate their state-of-the-art technology and services. “The Cube” area featured interventional radiology companies, and many of the sessions, exhibits, and product demonstrations took place in the future tech AI Expo and Theater area.
Much of the meeting’s on-demand content will remain available on the ECR website and is available to purchase, including the following focused ultrasound presentations on essential tremor, prostate cancer, osteoblastoma, osteoid osteoma, and painful bone metastases.
Degenerative Diseases of the Brain
- Evaluation of Cerebral Volume Changes in Patients with Tremor Treated by MRgFUS Thalamotomy by Federico Bruno from L’Aquila, Italy
Interventional: New Techniques for Cancer Treatment
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU): Technique, Indications, and Evidence by Martijn Franklin Boomsma from Zwolle, the Netherlands
Guided Interventions of the Prostate
- Focal Therapy in Localised Prostate Cancer: IRE, HIFU, Cryoablation by Olivier Rouviere from Lyon, France
Ablative Technique and Treatment Assessment
- Safety and Efficacy of Interventional Radiology Management of Osteoblastomas: Ten Years of Experience Using RFA and MRGFUS by Julia Daffinà from Rome, Italy
- 12-Month Clinical Outcomes of MRI-Guided Transurethral Ultrasound Ablation for Localised Prostate Cancer by Eemil Hannu Mikkel Yli-Pietilä from Turku, Finland
- Tips and Tricks for Interventional Ablation Treatment (RFA and MRgFUS) of Osteoid Osteomas in Uncommon Sites by Julia Daffinà from Rome, Italy
Interventional Oncology (Part 2)
- What Have We Learned in More Than 10 Years of Ablation of Osteoid Osteoma Using Magnetic Resonance-Guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery (MRgFUS)? by Francesco Arrigoni from L’Aquila, Italy
Clinical Trials in Image-Guided Therapies: Current and Future Perspectives (Joint Session of the ESR and EORTC)
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound: The FURTHER Consortium by Alberto Bazzocchi from Bologna, Italy
ECR 2024 will take place in Vienna from February 28 – March 3, 2024, with the theme “Next Generation Radiology.”
See the ECR 2023 After Movie and Photo Gallery