The 2021 American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting was held September 10-13, 2021.
Several of the high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) presentations were covered by Urology Today. See:
- Dr. Ehdaie Weighs in on Focal Therapy with MRgFUS for GG2/3 Prostate Cancer
- MR-Guided Focal Therapy Emerges as Alternative to Radical Therapy for Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Phase 2b Data Point to Safety, Efficacy of Focal Therapy in Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
In industry news, data from studies using EDAP’s Focal One and ExactVu technologies were featured at the meeting:
- One trial comparing focal ablation to radical prostatectomy in intermediate-risk prostate cancer patients found fewer side effects at one year in the Focal One group.
- Another large comparative trial found a significantly higher salvage-treatment-free survival rate in HIFU patients compared to radical prostatectomy.