The International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound (ISTU) has launched its new webinar series – ISTU On-Air. The monthly webinars are designed to promote knowledge of therapeutic ultrasound and increase discussion among the ISTU community.
The series kicked off on June 25 with presentations from ISTU’s 2020 Lizzi Award winners: Hong Chen, PhD, and Meaghan O’Reilly, PhD. The Frederic Lizzi Early Career Award honors Dr. Frederic L. Lizzi, a pioneer who advanced diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound applications.
The inaugural webinar featured an introduction by ISTU President Joo Ha Hwang, MD, PhD, followed by presentations and Q&A sessions from each winner.
- Dr. Chen’s presentation, Focused Ultrasound-Enabled Liquid Biopsy for Noninvasive Diagnosis of Brain Cancer, highlighted recent discoveries from her work at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Dr. O’Reilly’s presentation, Ultrasound-Mediated Drug Delivery to the Spinal Cord, included published data from her work at Sunnybrook Research Institute in Toronto.
Register on ISTU’s website for these upcoming webinars:
- July 23: “Sonoporation: It’s More Than a Poke” by Alfred Yu, PhD
- August 27: “The Presence of Focused Ultrasound in Oncology: Linking Daily Oncology Practice with Basic Research” by Joan Vidal-Jove MD, PhD
- September 24: “Ultrasound Transducer Technology” by Kullervo Hynynen, PhD
- October 22: “Human Applications of Low-Intensity Focused Ultrasound” by Wynn Legon, PhD
- December 10: “History of Focused Ultrasound” by Gail ter Haar, DSc
Registration for each webinar is required, and emails will be sent with registration details in advance of the meetings.