Two valued members of the Foundation’s family have been elected to the Board of Directors for the International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound (ISTU).
Former Richard Merkin Visiting Scholar, Cyril Lafon, PhD, was named president-elect, and the Foundation’s Director of Clinical Relationships, Suzanne LeBlang, MD, is a new at-large representative. Matt Eames, PhD, the Director of Extramural Research, is a standing Board member.
In a letter to ISTU members, President Joo Ha Hwang, MD, PhD, announced the results from the organization’s recent online Board of Director elections. Citing record participation in the election process, Dr. Hwang congratulated the following newly elected board members:
- Cyril Lafon, PhD – President-elect
- Gil Dubernard, MD, PhD – Clinical representative
- Richard Price, PhD – Academic representative
- Kyle Morrison, MS – Industry representative
- Suzanne LeBlang, MD – At-large representative
ISTU Board Members are elected for a period of three years.