- Suzanne LeBlang, MD, will take part in a virtual forum to discuss pain management alternatives in patients with breast cancer.
- The program was developed by the Foundation, Breast Cancer Alliance, the National Spine Health Foundation, Bluerock Care, and Theraplant.
- Register now for the event on Thursday, April 22, at 12:00 noon Eastern.
On Thursday, April 22, at 12:00 noon Eastern, the Foundation’s Director of Clinical Relationships, Suzanne LeBlang, MD, will be one of four panelists at a virtual, multidisciplinary forum on “Alternatives in Pain Management in Breast Cancer and the Spine.” The event aims to discuss various pain management alternatives to opioids.
Dr. LeBlang will highlight several mechanisms by which focused ultrasound can help patients with breast cancer by alleviating pain from bone metastases, degenerative changes in the facet joints and sacroiliac joints, and potentially degenerative disc disease.
The program was developed by a collaboration between the Focused Ultrasound Foundation, Breast Cancer Alliance, the National Spine Health Foundation, Bluerock Care, and Theraplant – a medical cannabis company. Dr. Natalie Azar, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Rheumatology at NYU Langone Medical Center and NBC News medical contributor, will moderate the event.
The panelists include:
- Nitseesh Bharara, MD, Director of Regenerative Medicine at Virginia Spine Institute
- Ethan Ruby, Founder of Theraplant, Inc., and a pioneer in the medical marijuana industry
- Alka Gupta, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Co-Founder of Bluerock Care, a primary care startup caring for seniors in underserved areas
- Suzanne LeBlang, MD, Director of Clinical Relationships at the Focused Ultrasound Foundation
The event is sponsored by Daiichi Sankyo and open to the public.