Recent focused ultrasound research covers a variety of applications. In oncology, two interesting studies looked at pancreatic cancer (safety and a comprehensive case review), and one discovered improved outcomes for localized prostate cancer. Cavitation-induced thrombolysis work is gaining ground, and another group provides cost-effectiveness data for uterine fibroid ablation.
- Safety trial of high-intensity focused ultrasound therapy for pancreatic cancer
- High-intensity focused ultrasound treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer
- Improved Outcomes Owing to High-intensity Focused Ultrasound Devices Version-up for the Treatment of Patients with Localized Prostate Cancer
- Dependence of pulsed focused ultrasound induced thrombolysis on duty cycle and cavitation bubble size distribution
- MRI-Guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery for Uterine Fibroid Treatment: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis