The 2021 American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting was held September 10-13, 2021.
The meeting content is only available to registered attendees, but the list of speakers, daily news, and an artistic digital mosaic sponsored by Profound Medical can be accessed on the AUA website.
Several of the high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) presentations were covered by Urology Today. See:
- Dr. Ehdaie Weighs in on Focal Therapy with MRgFUS for GG2/3 Prostate Cancer
- MR-Guided Focal Therapy Emerges as Alternative to Radical Therapy for Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Phase 2b Data Point to Safety, Efficacy of Focal Therapy in Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
In industry news, data from studies using EDAP's Focal One and ExactVu technologies were featured at the meeting:
- One trial comparing focal ablation to radical prostatectomy in intermediate-risk prostate cancer patients found fewer side effects at one year in the Focal One group.
- Another large comparative trial found a significantly higher salvage-treatment-free survival rate in HIFU patients compared to radical prostatectomy.