The series kicked off on June 25 with presentations from ISTU’s 2020 Lizzi Award winners: Hong Chen, PhD, and Meaghan O’Reilly, PhD. The Frederic Lizzi Early Career Award honors Dr. Frederic L. Lizzi, a pioneer who advanced diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound applications.
The inaugural webinar featured an introduction by ISTU President Joo Ha Hwang, MD, PhD, followed by presentations and Q&A sessions from each winner.
- Dr. Chen’s presentation, Focused Ultrasound-Enabled Liquid Biopsy for Noninvasive Diagnosis of Brain Cancer, highlighted recent discoveries from her work at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Dr. O’Reilly’s presentation, Ultrasound-Mediated Drug Delivery to the Spinal Cord, included published data from her work at Sunnybrook Research Institute in Toronto.
Register on ISTU’s website for these upcoming webinars:
- July 23: “Sonoporation: It's More Than a Poke” by Alfred Yu, PhD
- August 27: “The Presence of Focused Ultrasound in Oncology: Linking Daily Oncology Practice with Basic Research” by Joan Vidal-Jove MD, PhD
- September 24: “Ultrasound Transducer Technology” by Kullervo Hynynen, PhD
- October 22: “Human Applications of Low-Intensity Focused Ultrasound” by Wynn Legon, PhD
- December 10: “History of Focused Ultrasound” by Gail ter Haar, DSc