Jonathan Simons, MD, Joins Foundation’s Cancer Immunotherapy Scientific Advisory Board
- Jonathan Simons, MD, is an internationally recognized physician-scientist, oncologist, and investigator in translational prostate cancer research.
- He is the Chief Science Officer and Medical Director at the Marcus Foundation and was the President and CEO of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- The cancer immunotherapy scientific advisory board provides advice and counsel in the activities of the program.
The Foundation is pleased to welcome Jonathan Simons, MD, to the scientific advisory board (SAB), a group of experts who
provide advice and counsel in the activities of our cancer immunotherapy program.
Dr. Simons is an internationally recognized physician-scientist, oncologist, and investigator in translational prostate cancer research. He is the Chief Science Officer and Medical Director at the Marcus Foundation, where he leads an academic medical research investment program focused on supporting non-profit, first-in-field teams of translational researchers. The Marcus Foundation’s goal is to advance new precision therapies for cancer, diagnostics, and treatments for childhood autism, and novel approaches to stem cell therapies and regenerative medicine.
Dr. Simons was formerly the President and CEO of the Prostate Cancer Foundation, where he now serves on the Board.
As a member of the Focused Ultrasound Foundation’s Cancer Immunotherapy SAB, he will provide high-level assessment of research proposals in the field of immunotherapy and give guidance in the overall direction of the program, including in the initiation of collaborative projects and workshops.
Other members of the SAB include:
- Timothy Bullock, PhD, University of Virginia
- Gavin Dunn, MD, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis
- Katherine Ferrara, PhD, Stanford University
- Chandan Guha, MD, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Robert Hugin, Chairman and CEO Celgene, Retired
- Theresa LaVallee, PhD, Coherus Biosciences
- Michael Lim, MD, Stanford University
- Jill O’Donnell-Tormey, PhD, Cancer Research Institute
“The Foundation recognizes that the intersection of focused ultrasound therapy and cancer immunotherapy offers a highly promising opportunity for combination approaches to treat a variety of cancers,” said the Foundation’s Chief Scientific Officer and Managing Director of the Cancer Immunotherapy Program, Jessica Foley, PhD. “We are fortunate that this impressive group of experts shares our vision for this research, and we look forward to collaborating to determine how focused ultrasound can work with immunotherapies to improve patient outcomes.”