The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant. This position will represent the Foundation in a professional manner and must perform with a high level of accuracy and problem-solving ability. This position serves as a member of the administrative team and provides direct administrative support to managing directors.
The Executive Administrative Assistant must be a team player and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented. The ideal individual will have a demonstrated ability to provide administrative support at the executive level; exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills; and the ability to maintain calm under pressure. The Executive Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings across multiple time zones for meeting participants and manage directors’ calendars with high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Maintain agendas, notes, and records in Salesforce database.
- Identify workflow and deadlines for multiple pre-meeting deliverables to assess and ensure proper meeting flow and sequencing.
- Work closely and effectively with directors to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments, following up appropriately.
- Arrange domestic and international travel for directors; create detailed itineraries with travel and meeting information; be on call during director’s travel to problem solve unexpected travel changes.
- Monitor status during directors’ travel, ready to resolve any problems that may arise.
- Prepare and process travel expense reports.
- Occasional after-hours support may be needed to assist with urgent travel needs.
- Coordinate between internal departments on projects and workflow, prioritizing and conducting follow-up with other staff members.
- Assist with event planning and coordination across departments.
- Provide a broad variety of administrative support to directors, e.g., creation of presentations, spreadsheets, and tracking/coordinating materials or activities.
- Learn and apply new technology tools as needed to accomplish projects in a strategic and effective manner.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: three to five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and database management systems
- Salesforce experience preferred, but not required; training will be provided upon hire
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners, high profile/high net worth individuals and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail; project management skills a plus.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly; composed during sudden high priority demands; adaptable to various competing demands.
- Highly resourceful team-player, able to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Versatile in handling new subject matter and situations.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An administrative skills assessment will be administered to qualified applicants. Successful completion of the assessment is a requirement for further consideration.