The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, an entrepreneurial, high-performance, medical research, education and patient advocacy organization headquartered in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a seasoned executive to represent the Foundation and create a physical presence on the West Coast.
This individual will be responsible for cultivating and stewarding high-level relationships with donors including high net worth individuals, family offices and foundations; thought and key opinion leaders/influencers; manufacturers of focused ultrasound equipment; clinicians and scientists in academic research centers and commercial treatment sites. The position reports directly to the Chairman and will work closely with the Foundation’s Development and Scientific Teams, Directors of the FUS Partners and Global Relations Programs, members of the Board of Directors and Council, and existing donors.
On the leading edge of venture philanthropy and social entrepreneurship, the Foundation has demonstrated success in accelerating the development and adoption of focused ultrasound, an early-stage, non-invasive therapeutic technology that could transform the treatment of many medical disorders. The Foundation is a tax-exempt organization that uses donor funding to bridge the gap between laboratory research and widespread patient treatment. The Foundation is well-poised to diversify its donor base and leverage new funding sources to exponentially increase the impact of its life-changing mission.
- Develop high-level giving and investment strategies, collaborating with the Chairman, Development Team, FUS Partners Team, Board of Directors, and Council to ensure results
- Represent the Foundation with qualified external stakeholders to position the Foundation and the focused ultrasound field for short- and long-term support from donors and investors
- Liaise on behalf of the Foundation with academic research centers and commercial treatment sites on the West Coast
- Coordinate across Foundation teams to ensure effective external engagement with new and existing relationships
- Foster and maintain access to high priority relationships
- Travel as needed to foster relationships; attend evening and weekend events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years of experience in life sciences, especially biomedical research and medical device development; private equity; venture capital; wealth management; banking; law or related fields; non-profit/development experience not required
- Successful track record of establishing relationships based on trust
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Zoom
- Passion for focused ultrasound; entrepreneurial, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Experienced, dynamic and team-oriented professional; compatible with other members of the team
- Superb verbal and written skills; proven project management skills
- Ability to analyze data, think critically; demonstrated problem solving skills
- Professional presentation and conduct; ability to interact on a peer basis with high net worth individuals, C level executives, and thought leaders
- Available to travel and frequently attend evening and weekend events
- Cheerful, upbeat, and steady under fire
- Strong track record of securing funding and managing relationships
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and maintain a flexible work schedule to ensure deadlines are met is required
To ensure consideration, send cover letter and resume (as PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org