State of the Field Report
The Foundation compiles an annual overview document showing the state of focused ultrasound research and development from industry and research sources around the world.
International Symposium on Focused Ultrasound
The Foundation organizes a biennial meeting which gathers together the world's foremost clinical and research experts in focused ultrasound. Full programs and summary materials from each meeting are available below:
- FUSF Symposium Summary 2020 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program and Abstract Book 2020: Part I (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program and Abstract Book 2020: Part II (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Summary 2018 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program and Abstract Book 2018 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Summary 2016 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program and Abstract Book 2016 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Summary 2014 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program and Abstract Book 2014 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program 2012 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Summary 2012 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Program 2010 (PDF)
- FUSF Symposium Summary by InSightec 2010 (PDF)
WorkshopsTo drive innovation, the Foundation organizes several invitation-only workshops and mini-workshops to focus on issues such as improving brain imaging, treating neurological disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s disease, brain tumors) and immunotherapy.
Attended by thought leaders from industry, academia, government, and others, these workshops produce roadmaps of studies needed to catalyze development and adoption of focused ultrasound and lay the groundwork for collaborations between manufacturers and academic research laboratories.
- Focused Ultrasound Treatment of Pediatric Benign Brain Tumors Workshop (PDF) - December 11, 2020
- Reimbursement Strategies for Focused Ultrasound Summit (PDF) - March 11, 2020
- Diffusion MRI Guidance for Transcranial Focused Ultrasound (PDF) - August 12-13, 2019
- Focused Ultrasound and Cancer Immunotherapy Workshop (PDF) - July 18-19, 2019
- Focused Ultrasound and Pancreatic Cancer Workshop Summary (PDF) - February 28-March 1, 2019
- Focused Ultrasound Opening of the Blood-Brain Barrier for the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease (PDF) - October 21, 2018
- Focused Ultrasound and Blood-Brain Barrier Workshop Summary (PDF) - November 16-17, 2017
- Psychiatric Workshop (PDF) - October 18-20, 2017
- Immunotherapy Summit (PDF) - October 14, 2016
- FUS for Glioblastoma Workshop (PDF) - November 9-10, 2015
- Alzheimer's Workshop (PDF) - September 17-18, 2015
- Immunotherapy Workshop (PDF) - February 11, 2015
- Brain Treatment Envelope & Simulation Workshop (PDF) - February 2-3, 2015
- Neuromodulation Workshop (PDF) - March 3-4, 2014
- FUSF Brain Mini-Workshop: Blood Brain Barrier and Targeted Drug Delivery Summary 2013 (PDF) - Sept 12-13, 2013: The Focused Ultrasound Foundation and the Kinetics Foundation organized a workshop in September 2013 to discuss the state of the technology, current challenges, and future research directions for using focused ultrasound to reversibly open the blood-brain barrier to allow the delivery of drugs directly to the brain for treatment of cancer, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other central nervous system disorders. This 1.5-day workshop included a multi-disciplinary group of luminaries in FUS, microbubble and nanoparticle development, drug/gene/protein delivery methodology, and neurosurgery, along with staff from three medical research foundations.
- FUSF Brain Mini-Workshop: Treatment Envelope Expansion 2013 (PDF) - June 17-18, 2013: Organized by the Foundation, this workshop brought together experts in the field to determine how best to expand the treatment envelope (the area that can be treated) in the brain using focused ultrasound.
- FUSF Brain Mini-Workshop Summary 2012 (PDF)
- FUSF Brain Workshop Syllabus 2011 (PDF)
- FUSF Brain Workshop Whitepaper 2011 (PDF)
- FUSF-Mediated Drug Delivery Workshop 2011 (PDF)
- FUSF Liver Workshop: The road to clinical use of high-intensity focused ultrasound for liver cancer: technical and clinical consensus 2012 (PDF)
Regulatory & Reimbursement
- Reducing Regulatory Barriers to Focused Ultrasound Technology (PDF) - Graduate intern, Liz Dobrenz, assesses the Foundation's role in advancing an innovative technology through regulatory hurdles.