What is Focused Ultrasound?
Like a magnifying glass focuses light, focused ultrasound concentrates ultrasound energy on a target in the body without harming nearby tissue.
What Can it Treat?
Worldwide, focused ultrasound is approved to treat more than 20 diseases and is being researched to treat many more.
Watch videos and read stories from patients whose lives have been changed by focused ultrasound.
Treatment and Trial Sites
Information displayed on the Find a Treatment Center pages is based on selected search criteria to efficiently find treatment options. Information for patient treatment sites is updated annually, while that for clinical trial sites is updated monthly. As a result, this data should not be regarded as fully comprehensive. For a more complete search of all clinical trials, please see https://clinicaltrials.gov/.
Find a Treatment Center
Globally, there are hundreds of centers that offer focused ultrasound treatment. Find a location near you.
Find a Clinical Trial
Patients who do not want to undergo or are not candidates for traditional treatment may be eligible for research studies.
Get a Global Perspective
This interactive map displays focused ultrasound sites conducting research, clinical trials, and commercial treatments around the world.
- Pediatric Brain Cancer Trial Explores Focused Ultrasound and Liquid Biopsy 10 August 2023
- Clinical Trial Investigates Low-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Depression 10 August 2023
- New Pathway Proposed to Speed Medicare Coverage 14 July 2023
- Advocacy Spotlight: Congressional Awareness Event Highlights Focused Ultrasound 22 June 2023
- Prostate Treatment Reimbursement Milestone: Profound’s Device Earns Payment Codes 14 June 2023
- Affordability and Access: The Barriers to Noninvasive Therapies for Women 11 May 2023
- Carthera’s SonoCloud-9 Device Facilitates Delivery of Chemotherapy to Glioblastomas 10 May 2023
FUS For The Prostate
Focused ultrasound is FDA approved to treat the prostate, which could apply to diseases like prostate cancer and BPH.
FUS For Bone Metastases
Focused ultrasound is a radiation-free method to reduce the pain associated with cancer that has spread to the bone.