What is Focused Ultrasound?
Like a magnifying glass focuses light, focused ultrasound concentrates ultrasound energy on a target in the body without harming nearby tissue.
What Can it Treat?
Worldwide, focused ultrasound is approved to treat more than 20 diseases and is being researched to treat many more.
Watch videos and read stories from patients whose lives have been changed by focused ultrasound.
Treatment and Trial Sites
Information displayed on the Find a Treatment Center pages is based on selected search criteria to efficiently find treatment options. Information for patient treatment sites is updated annually, while that for clinical trial sites is updated monthly. As a result, this data should not be regarded as fully comprehensive. For a more complete search of all clinical trials, please see https://clinicaltrials.gov/.
Find a Treatment Center
Globally, there are hundreds of centers that offer focused ultrasound treatment. Find a location near you.
Find a Clinical Trial
Patients who do not want to undergo or are not candidates for traditional treatment may be eligible for research studies.
Get a Global Perspective
This interactive map displays focused ultrasound sites conducting research, clinical trials, and commercial treatments around the world.
- Insightec to Begin Comparative Prostate Cancer Trial 7 July 2022
- Focused Ultrasound for Parkinson’s Dementia: First-in-Human Data Published 6 July 2022
- Clinical Trial of Focused Ultrasound for Cervical Dystonia Begins 9 June 2022
- Swann’s Way – A Prostate Cancer Patient’s Journey to Focused Ultrasound 24 February 2022
- Focused Ultrasound for Glioblastoma: Italian Clinical Trial is Latest in Global Research Effort 24 February 2022
- Bilateral Focused Ultrasound Trial for Parkinson’s Disease Seeks Patients 24 November 2021
- Six Years after Clinical Trial, Parkinson’s Patient is Thankful for Focused Ultrasound 23 November 2021
FUS For The Prostate
Focused ultrasound is FDA approved to treat the prostate, which could apply to diseases like prostate cancer and BPH.
FUS For Bone Metastases
Focused ultrasound is a radiation-free method to reduce the pain associated with cancer that has spread to the bone.