What is Focused Ultrasound?
Like a magnifying glass focuses light, focused ultrasound concentrates ultrasound energy on a target in the body without harming nearby tissue.
What Can it Treat?
Worldwide, focused ultrasound is approved to treat more than 20 diseases and is being researched to treat many more.
Watch videos and read stories from patients whose lives have been changed by focused ultrasound.
Treatment and Trial Sites
Information displayed on the Find a Treatment Center pages is based on selected search criteria to efficiently find treatment options. Information for patient treatment sites is updated annually, while that for clinical trial sites is updated monthly. As a result, this data should not be regarded as fully comprehensive. For a more complete search of all clinical trials, please see https://clinicaltrials.gov/.
Find a Treatment Center
Globally, there are hundreds of centers that offer focused ultrasound treatment. Find a location near you.
Find a Clinical Trial
Patients who do not want to undergo or are not candidates for traditional treatment may be eligible for research studies.
Get a Global Perspective
This interactive map displays focused ultrasound sites conducting research, clinical trials, and commercial treatments around the world.
- Affordability and Access: The Barriers to Noninvasive Therapies for Women 11 May 2023
- Carthera’s SonoCloud-9 Device Facilitates Delivery of Chemotherapy to Glioblastomas 10 May 2023
- A New Tool to Diagnose Parkinson’s Disease 4 May 2023
- Pilot Returns to the Sky After Focused Ultrasound Treatment for Essential Tremor 6 April 2023
- First Patient Treated in HistoSonics’ Kidney Tumor Trial 6 April 2023
- Focused Ultrasound Offers Sustained Relief from Chronic Neuropathic Pain 30 March 2023
- Focused Ultrasound for Pediatric Brain Tumors: Clinical Trial Begins in Toronto 20 January 2023
FUS for Movement Disorders
Focused ultrasound is FDA approved to treat movement disorders like essential tremor and Parkinson's tremor.
FUS For The Prostate
Focused ultrasound is FDA approved to treat the prostate, which could apply to diseases like prostate cancer and BPH.
FUS For Bone Metastases
Focused ultrasound is a radiation-free method to reduce the pain associated with cancer that has spread to the bone.