Abstract Submission Process
- The first time you use the abstract submission website, you must register to use the system. Any FUSF User ID and password that you may already have will notbe sufficient – you must create a new user account.
- When you have prepared your abstract and are ready to submit, go to https://www.xcdsystem.com/fus and select “Abstract Submission” from the options at the bottom of the screen. Select “Click here to create a profile” under First-Time User to create your profile and login information. Please note that the information included in the profile will be published with the abstract as the presenting author.
- You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract you should click the link that says “Click here to start.”
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Some questions/fields are marked “required,” and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered. Questions/fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- Do not include the names of authors in the title or text of your abstract. The title should be succinct while clearly indicating the nature of the abstract submission. Capitalize the first letter of each word, and do not add a period at the end.
- Your abstract should be separated into the following areas:Background/Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusions, and Acknowledgements (Funding). Abstracts must be no more than 3000 total characters (excluding the title and authors’ names). Abstracts may contain one table/graph. Images are accepted (limit of 4) and will be published in black and white in the program.
- Please note that some scientific symbols may not appear correctly in the abstract book. You can avoid this problem by writing the name of the symbol in full, for example “beta” instead of β.
- Session Topics Include: Bone, Brain, Breast Tumors, Cardiovascular, Head & Neck, Liver, Pancreas, Prostate, Uterine Fibroids, Other. Please select the session topic that best represents the area of your submission. Please note, abstract submission related to technology and bioeffects projects should be submitted under the clinical indication to which they relate. Emerging Applications includes emerging clinical applications and the technology and/or mechanistic issues that must be addressed to get those applications into a clinical setting.
- You will be asked to confirm that the presenting authors will register to attend the Symposium and will pay the appropriate registration fees. All speakers must register for the Symposium.
- You will be asked to confirm that the abstract has been approved by all authors and agree to have the abstract published on the Symposium website prior to the conference.
- If you are travelling from outside of the United States and require an official letter of invitation to obtain a travel visa, you may request one through the abstract system.
- Once you have completed all fields, select “Submit Abstract.” If you have answered all the required questions, your abstract will be assigned a reference number and you will see a message at the top of the screen “Thank you, your submission has been received. Your submission ID is: XX.” If you have not answered all the mandatory questions, you will be alerted.
- After submitting your abstract, click on the button at the top of the page to return to the “Abstract Center Home” to add additional author information if your abstract includes multiple authors.
Amending a Submission (You may make changes to your abstract submission(s) at any time up to the deadline.)
- Log in to the system. You will see your abstract(s) listed at the bottom of the screen. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amending an abstract is the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be completed automatically with your previous answers. You do not have to change an answer unless it is incorrect.
- When you reach the final step, press “Update Abstract.” You will see a message at the top of the screen “Your submission has been Updated.”
Withdrawing a Submission